We deal with degree and post-graduate courses under the Higher Education Grants Scheme and the V.E.C. deals with Certificate, Diploma and PLC courses.
Grants are awarded by us on behalf of the Department of Education for Students in Third Level Education.
The Scheme is run annually by us and it is approved by the Minister for Education and Science.
Higher Education Grants are means tested therefore, you must complete an application form to be assessed under the terms of the Scheme.
Read everything carefully first before completing the application form.
Application forms are available from:
- the website www.studentfinance.ie
- Corporate Service Section 044 9332227 / 044 9332257
All application forms are returned to:
Corporate Service Section
Westmeath County Council
31st August 2011
- Application Form fully completed.....leave no blanks.
- Your Birth Cert.
- If Parents are Self employed/farming
- Full set of accounts for the year ended 31st December, 2010.A full Notice of Assessment from the Revenue Commissioners.
- If Parents are in the Paye Sector:
- P60 for year ended 31st December, 2010.
- P21 Balancing Statement from relevant Inspector of Taxes. (A P21 is obtained by forwarding P60's for the relevant year to the Inspector of Taxes. You should note that a P21 can take up to six weeks to issue therefore you should apply immediately.) If both parents are working you will require P60's for both.
- If Parents are in receipt of Social Welfare:
- Letter from Social Welfare certifying amount received to 31st December, 2010
- (NOTE: Children's Allowance not taken into account.)
- Final Course Acceptance Schedule Form (FA1) must be completed and submitted to the Local Authority to which you submitted your application form immediately when you have made your final acceptance of a place on an approved course for the academic year 2011/12.
- An SA1 form should only be completed by students who intend attending colleges in EU member states (excluding Ireland) – Part 1 to be completed by the candidate and part 2 to be completed by the college and returned to the above address as soon as possible after registration.
The above are broad guidelines of items required
For further information in relation to the following go to www.studentfinance.ie
- Applications forms for 2011-2012 can be downloaded from www.studentfinance.ie
- Guidance Notes for Completing the Student Grant Application Form 2011
- Higher Eduction Grant Scheme 2011 information pack