The Rural Water Programme facilitates the development of water services in rural areas of the County and comprises of a number of measures to address deficiencies in:
- Group Water Schemes
- Small public water and sewerage schemes
- Private supplies where no alternative group or public supply is available.
The following grants are available:
Group Water Schemes
Grants for new group schemes and general upgrading of networks etc, grants of up to 85% of cost subject to a max of €6,475 per house are available subject to compliance with conditions.
New Group Sewerage Schemes
A grant of up to 75% of cost subject to a maximum grant of €2,031.58 per house is available where a number of households provide a shared sewage collection/disposal system.
Individual Water Supply Grant Scheme
A grant of up to 75% of cost, subject to a maximum grant of €2,031.58 (whichever is the lesser amount) is available for upgrading a private individual water supply where no alternative group or public supply is available.
Through the 2011 Programme the Council facilitated:
· The completion of the construction of 1 new group water scheme serving 44 houses
· 10 grants towards provision of new or upgrade of existing private water supply wells
· Upgrading of existing water services infrastructure under the Small Schemes Programme